Friday, November 21, 2008

The Big News




The latest happenings at our house are very exciting. Bob has spent the last several weeks being the romantic suitor that I knew he was. He spent weeks putting together a video for his girlfriend leading up to his finale of asking her to marry him. She said "yes". I must admit to slight jealousy, but just slight. I suppose the roses that I once received and the gifts he would buy me will now go to his new love. (As they should.) No more beautiful hutches ........ Okay Jimmy and Billy it's time to get jobs and take over Bobs role here.
I was always told that since a relationship between a mother and son is so special, that nobody would be good enough. Even though I think Bob is an exceptional son, I don't have those feelings for Sarah. I love watching the two of them and even though I know they'll have struggles because everyone does .......... they'll weather the storms. I always teased Bob that I should pick out his wife and we'd chuckle, but I couldn't have picked better for him myself! I love you both!!


5 comments:

Bob said...

I love you mom.

Polly Blanshan said...

What happened to the elves?

Sarah Blanshan said...

I love you, too! I am so blessed to soon be a part of your family. Thank you so much.

Minkydo said...

Congratulations to all!!!

Margaret J said...

what elves?