Thursday, June 12, 2008

Major projects


Why do all projects go from something that sounds easily managed into something HUGE?

I was going to paint some trim and change towel bars in the bathroom. Well, as we were taking the towel bars down, wallpaper ripped. I didn't like the wallpaper anyway, but I wasn't going to do a huge project. Anyway that's where I am, in the middle of a huge job. The wallpaper and paneling has been ripped off, the walls are painted (I'm not so sure about the color yet), the sink cabinet has been painted, and hopefully it will be finished tomorrow. I had a lot of help from daughters so that was wonderful. You can tell it was a quick job though and I don't like that. I keep telling myself it's a temporary fix. This is a before picture. I'll try to remember to get an after tomorrow.

5 comments:

jessicalolene said...

Curious about the color. Who picked it out? Wish I were there to help you all get ready for the party.

Carrie said...

As a matter of fact I picked the color and everybody likes it! She just needed to put her things in it, right mom? Right? Mom?

Linda said...

Right Carrie!

Anonymous said...

howcome polly and jimmy both get special birthday notes and not me?
i think i need a birthday note.

Carrie said...

Maybe she just loves them more, Peggy. Stop whining!