Sunday, June 1, 2008

Carrie and Roger


Roger left for overseas yesterday for six months. Please pray for him and the family while he is away. It will be hard on Carrie being a "single mom" and worrying about her husband. I'm hoping they'll spend lots of time here. I really miss them. On a happier note, Carrie just found out she's expecting their 3rd baby in February. Joel called me while I was at work. When I answered, he asked if I was working I told him yes, so I couldn't talk long. He told me "Mommy has a baby in her tummy" then he told me goodbye and hung up. They evidently got more information out of him when he called home and talked to grandpa.

I was thinking about all the times I've been pregnant and whether I ever REALLY wanted one gender or the other. I suppose in the beginning of a pregnancy and through out, I had a desire for one or the other, but I have never wanted anything other than what God chose to give me. That said, I think I'd like another grandaughter to even things out slightly, but I'd take another grandson, too. Why not just have one of each for me Carrie? I'm thinking you shouldn't let either Becca or Brenda name them though.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I would LOVE twins! And believe me I won't be letting them near the birth certificate!

Polly Blanshan said...

Twins would be so much fun to name! How about Matt and Mark and we could call them M&M? Or Hershey and Reece?

Britt said...

I think someone needs to buy Polly some candy :o)

Carrie said...

Also, I'm so glad that you chose the one with Joel picking his nose. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The picture is hilarious! Congratulations on being a grandma again. Anna

Minkydo said...

Congrats!