Friday, October 5, 2007

Joe



Yesterday I went to an awards luncheon at the Ramada put on by Possibilities. They help people with special needs get jobs, housing etc... One of my associates, Joe, was there and we received this plaque. I didn't think he was going to give it to me until I promised I'd hang it up at work. Joe has down syndrome and works 2 days a week over lunch. He walks up and down in the dining room washing tables and does a good job keeping them clean.

I came home from work at 11:00 to change, get ready for the luncheon and be back there by 11:45. I got there in time and was standing in line to get my name tag when I looked behind me. At the end of the line there was Bobby. Neither of us knew the other was going to be there, (we have good communication skills at our house). Evidently, after I left, Dale gave him a ride and they pulled in as I was walking in.

They had special music put on by several of the special needs people. Every year they practice and sing Christmas carols. They sang 4 or 5 of them, then they sang a song they practiced just for us, "Twist and Shout". There were a couple down syndrome girls with no inabititions in the front row that "twisted" and sang "back-up" Everybody enjoyed it!

No comments: